Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mapstronaut Nokia N8 goes up in the air

Mapstronaut Nokia N8 goes up in the air

And the day finally came. The day of the flight lesson. The last part of the Mapstronaut competition prize. I went to the airfield now knowing what to expect. Three weeks ago I would have said I never flew before. But this.... this was going to be special. With a trembling heart, I stepped on the green grass we were going to take off from. And there I saw it. The FK9. This thing was about to give me a serious adrenaline rush. Headache. Dizziness. I loved it.

I managed to film the entire takeoff, but even with the N8's video stabilization, the airfield was pretty bumpy and the video shows it. First of all I want to share some pictures:




It was an amazing experience. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I strongly recommend everyone, if you have the opportunity, do it! Don't hesitate!

My instructor was an ex-military pilot, so he had a lot of tricks up he's sleeve. I flew the plane myself half the time, and he would take over when I got tired. And I did get tired, I was gripping the stick like my life depended on it. And I guess it actually did.

And here are the videos.

The takeoff



The Jiu river



The instructor showed me a house where a friend of him lived, and we said hello to the guy :) We circled his house a little and he did some crazy maneuvers which I absolutely loved :)

Saying hello with the airplane

0 komentar:

Post a Comment